We know that innovation, small changes and shared learning can make a huge difference in the provision of healthcare, especially when enacted with compassion. At the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow we have witnessed this worldwide.
Our members consistently demonstrate unwavering commitment, skill, passion and tenacity each and every day in their studies and clinical practice, to deliver the highest possible standards of care to their patients.
Today the College has over 15,000 Fellows and Members worldwide and works in partnership with many organisations locally, nationally and internationally to drive excellence in healthcare.
The values of the HOPE Foundation closely reflect the values of the College.
- Partnership – we work in partnership with experts and organisations to ensure that maximum benefit is achieved.
- Care and Compassion – we ensure that every project undertaken or supported has clear and relevant objectives. Our Members and supporters want to make a difference and we will always seek evidence of how this has been achieved.
- Learning – we aspire to mutual learning between our Members and our collaborators. We aim to share all the learning from projects with our Members and partners to enhance their expertise and knowledge.
- Influential and Inspirational – we support new and focused activity that will inspire others and takes a new approach to breaking down barriers to quality healthcare.
- Integrity – we ensure that every project we support is monitored and truly in the best interests of the donors and beneficiaries.
"It is a privilege to chair such a worthwhile cause with a genuine ambition to help people to access the care they need, where they need it. I believe the strength and will of our College community and the incredible initiative and creativity that we have seen in so many of the projects supported by the HOPE Foundation, will make a difference."
Alison Lannigan, Chair
We want to celebrate the difference each funded project can make to the lives of so many people living in challenging circumstances. In exemplifying the impact of these projects, we can learn, share knowledge and inspire others to support our work.