The Board will seek exemplary projects in this category that demonstrate the following criteria:
- The project must demonstrate sustainability
- Shows tangible and cost effective impact
- Have a charitable mission
- Are backed by a track record of delivery
- Tackle genuine barriers to healthcare with innovation and compassion
- Share the values of the HOPE Foundation
- Can provide a budget and breakdown of transparent project costs
- Can provide quantitative and qualitative feedback, defined outputs and measures of success
- Are nominated/sponsored by a Fellow or Member of the College (if based outside the UK)
What we DO NOT fund:
- Large scale capital projects
- Salaries, although sessional work and specialist contracts will be considered
- Fundraising activity
- Individuals (except for Fellows and Members, in good standing, where the activity to be undertaken matches the themes detailed above and clearly shows tangible impact)
Our current grant application window will be open from Wednesday 16 November until Monday 16 January.
It is likely that the largest grant will be in the region of £5,000 with smaller grants of circa £1,000.
All requests for support will be considered by the HOPE Foundation Board at the first meeting after the closing date for applications. Each application will be initially reviewed and those that meet the eligibility criteria will go to the Board for further review.
Requests for funding from individuals or groups based out with the UK will only be considered if they are nominated by Fellows or Members of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow in good standing.
Where applicable we will seek further advice/ input regarding specific projects from individuals with relevant background and experience. Any information provided will be shared with Board members.
The HOPE Foundation wishes to work in partnership with projects, especially where volunteering opportunities for College Fellows and Members could form part of our support. We can also assist with access to the College as a venue and in joint PR initiatives.